Working With A South Florida PR Firm
If you are a new company, or one who’s decided there is newly a need to utilize the services of a PR Firm, you may likely be wondering: Why should I use a PR Firm? What is the function of a PR Firm, and how does it benefit me? Well, the long and short of it is, positive media attention and intuitive PR is necessary, period.
We live in a society driven largely by the perceptions created by social media, not only in business, but in our personal lives as well, and the rate at which information moves today is literally instantaneous. Representing ourselves with our best foot forward is more integral (and time consuming) to successful business ventures today than it has ever been before. So, now that you’re listening, let’s start at the beginning.…
What Is a PR Firm?
The top hit on google defines a PR Firm, or public relations firm, as: a professional services organization, generally hired to conceive, produce, and mange un-paid messages to the public through the media on behalf of a client, with the intention of changing the public’s actions by influencing their opinions.
Why Should I Use One?
If the definition above doesn’t get you motivated to go out and hire a PR Firm right now, I don’t know what would! Think about how many millions of messages the public is bombarded with every second. Imagine trying to influence their opinions without professional help?
There are literally hundreds of media avenues through which you can showcase your business and its expertise. How does one even begin to get noticed? In a satellite view of the world, would you be able to see that little business owner on the side of the road waving his hands frantically to get your attention? Well, in a nutshell, that’s exactly why you need a PR Firm.
How Does It Benefit Me?
The main function of your PR guide is to know exactly how and where to position your “billboard”, so that you can effectively reach the right audience, and dominate your competition on the ultra-competitive information superhighway.
PR is different from Advertising, in the sense that it’s function is to release controlled stories to the media relating to you and your business. It is better received by the public than standard Advertising, because it is received through a third party, and is not paid for by the spotlighted company.
Now, let’s breathe a collective sigh of relief that we live in a time where there is a service like that out there, terrific!
Should I Hire a PR Firm?
At some point, every business owner, entrepreneur, television or radio personality, budding youtube star, undiscovered writer, etc., will ask themselves this question. Obviously, the answer is different for each of us, but there are a few bulleted points of rationalization that can help you to arrive at the right conclusion for you.
– PR isn’t a one time deal. In order to effectively manage the public’s opinion of you or your business, the information (and relationships with those in control of disturbing that information) must be carefully maintained and managed. Journalists use trusted sources, and the objective is to be one of those sources.
– You don’t need to be a Fortune 500 Company to hire a great PR Firm. Often, new businesses talk themselves out of hiring a PR Firm because they think they don’t have the budget, or manpower, to warrant hiring an amazing external firm. The beautiful thing about PR Firms, is that there is one to fit every business! If you know your brand, ask the right questions, and are realistic and upfront about budget, your business will absolutely be able to enjoy the benefits of having a dedicated PR team, regardless of size.
– PR is a personal endeavor. If you want to be able to reap the incredible benefits of having a continuous stream of positive press in impressive publications, your PR Firm is just as valuable as a trusted best friend. Finding a firm that balances vast industry knowledge and experience with critical personal attention is key. Once that bond has been established, you will be amazed at how effective the PR Firm is at telling your story and influencing the public in a very positive way.
Now that I’ve made the decision, what should I bring to the table?
Ok, so you’ve taken the plunge and have decided to hire a PR Firm, congratulations! There are a few things to keep in mind when deciding on, and gathering the information you’ll want to contribute to the initial meeting, for the most effective results.
– Be yourself! When making the initial greeting, and subsequently working with your selected PR Firm, the most effective use of your time and their resources is to simply be yourself. They are there to represent you in the press, and in order to efficiently share your unique story, your PR Firm must get to know the real you. Think of it this way, it is a tool no one else will have, so it is guaranteed to make you stand out from the crowd!
– Say something. This is your opportunity to educate the public on what makes you or your business so special, so use it! Share your opinions and predictions about your work, your product, and what you can offer the masses that no one else can. It’ll give your PR Firm more than enough ammunition to keep your story going strong from start to finish.
– Be realistic about the function of PR. Ok, so, you’ve taken the time to research what PR is, and what it can do for your business. You’ve found the right firm, and have made the initial connections. A well written, timely story can give your business an immeasurable push, but inundating the press with story after story can have the opposite effect. Keep in mind, a good PR Firm has your best interests at heart, and is there to keep you relevant for the long run.
Why Work With a South Florida PR Firm?
Now that you are aware and educated about the functions and benefits of utilizing a PR Firm, why choose to work with a South Florida PR Firm? The answer is simple. South Florida is a unique melting pot of many cultures and ethnicities. It is full of entrepreneurs and budding personalities. Doing business here requires a certain finesse that only a South Florida PR Firm, like Insider Media Management, fully understands. With a bilingual team, and award-winning journalism experts on their side, this South Florida PR Firm is fully equipped to handle the task of taking your business’s media coverage to the next level in a very energetic and exciting global market!